7.31.2007

six essential facts

yes, i am in the middle of my "productive hour" a. k. a. work
when my fleeting attention got to me. urged me to go on bloghopping.

getting the 6th-degree feel, i stumbled upon the blog of a friend of a friend's friend
. a brief backgrounder: she's living a life that i dream. la vie en paris (some rusty french feel right there). i'm not about to yap about my parisian dream, but thoughts right below could be just as interesting. (especially now that i know that "more" people have discovered that this blog exists)

you say that you want to know me. well, grab your handy-dandy notebook and jot these things down...

six essential facts (about me)

fact 01: I (ALMOST) HAD DUAL CITIZENSHIP
born on april fools. back then, our life was at its prime. had almost everything imaginable. lived a life that was
"more-than-enough" . would've been better if my folks decided to settle in the states prior my mom's delivery. but they thought that the Philippines had promise way back in the 80's so they opted to stay and build a family here instead. so much for altruism right? (well, i'm not entirely bitter. just one of those endless lists of would've been's:/ )

fact 02: I DO NOT EAT SQUID.
i think i should rephrase that. i do eat squid now. but, i used to not eat that rubbery delicacy. why? because i was told that it was a roachie. i was too young and gullible to believe that it was a cockroach. believe me, it was tough to thrust it down my throat. having to chew a piece for the nth time was tough altogether. and if it weren't for my present job and all the psyching that daddy dearest cost me, i wouldn't muster the courage to gobble a morsel to this day. turns out, that it's a delectable dish. suh-weet, especially when it's fresh from the "picking". pass me a plate a calamari, honey!:P

fact 03: I (THOUGHT) I HAD LESBIAN TENDENCIES.
you know when they say that birds of the same feather flock together. well, i was chummies with the "confused" way back 4th grade, and i did that in retaliation to my former chic-clique. i was in a male-dominated crowd, thought that i'd gel with them doing boyish stuff and all. seems like i just had an ulterior motive, my crush was there so it'd make things more convenient. tsk tsk. bata pa, ang landi ko na pala. chuckles.

fact 04: I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE (BEFORE I FINISHED PRIMARY SCHOOL).
i was eleven, and my days were numbered
. i caught dengue and was told that i'd die in the next three days. no, i didn't fear for dear life. it was a sad experience, being young and not see your friends - no one even paid you a visit. not a single cousin peeked in to my room. my family (parents and sisters) were right behind me, and bunch of oldies - relatives, family friends, and more - made me feel i'm loved. but things would've been better if kids my age were there to feel for me and my situation. rumor has it that dengue was "contagious" (so that's why huh?) FYI, it takes a mosquito bite to get affected . and no, it's not through physical contact neither is it air-borne. but i understand that they're just after their children's welfare. that was a done deal, i'm obviously alive and kicking. so much for a near death experience right?

fact 05: I HAVE BEEN AN NBSB GIRL.
i'm not sure if i'd be proud of it or run to the nearest post and hide. why you might ask? well, you can say that maybe i'm just a commitment-phobe. hailing from traumatic almost-but-not-quites do get to me sometimes. and besides, sticking to just one guy (right now) is sooo mundane. kidding. i'd like to believe that getting to know the opposite sex in the bounds of friendship is a much more fun and exciting take. if you ain't cool with it, well, i guess you're not up in the running. survivor of the fittest? perhaps, but in a subdued way. you'll know when you know. funny thought though, i'm as clueless a blond bimbo. oopsie.

fact 06: I (MAY) HAVE ANOREXIC TENDENCIES.
i'm perennially in a struggle for weight loss. tried every diet technique out there - atkins, south beach, "seven-day diet", name them, i've practically mustered the will to earn some success from it only to "regain" all the weight some weeks after. sigh. so much for effort right? why am i risking my life in all these? because i'd like to be thin. lose all the weight and KEEP IT OFF. plain and simple (or is it?). you might say that "i'm not fat". well, i ain't THIN EITHER! i acknowledge that i do have weight issues. and that the best way to lose weight (AND KEEP IT OFF) is to couple that balanced diet w/ rigorous and consistent exercise. well, i'm trying to eat healthy for starters. exercise? i've had "plans"... BUT it's a struggle to be really consistent and all. determination is the key, and yes, it'd be better if you'd have a "fitness" buddy... care to join me, sweetie? :)

Labels:

.:0 SpanK Me:.

Post a Comment

<< Home