7.30.2005

right to royalty

blue blood. monarchy. royal family... ain't gonna talk about none of those shiiiit... nyahahaha..


thank God it's friday, so they say.
i feel giddy whenever friday comes... chisms galore with my fabulous cousins and oh food food food!
but that's not what i would want to talk about now.


RIGHT TO ROYALTY... what comes to mind???

elite. chosen ones. set apart. cut above the rest. creme de la creme.


i was asked to be the sharer to last night's Bible study.

Topic: What does it mean to be a Christian?

Hmm... tough question. I didn't really have a clue, so i just shared about my life. How I've come to know my Personal Lord and Savior... and continually discovering a life guided by Him.

i didn't share the "academic aspect" of my life.. coz i'm pretty sure that my cousins are sick and tired of hearing that story. I should know better.

I told them about my dealings... from age 11 til present (FYI: i am now 21)... and how i saw God move. God moves in mysterious ways. i didn't expect that my testimony would touch me as well. as i was talking about HIM, my life had been slowly unfolding right before my very eyes - it was a mental picture that became more vivid every moment i uttered His goodness.
i felt an outpour of emotion (good thing, i didn't cry!).... it was an overwhelming feeling. knowing that you've entrusted your forsaken life unto your Maker. And believing that He would do nothing BUT to patch things up... It was not about me, it's all about JESUS.
(yeah yeah, i sound preachy alright!)

To me, that was THE right to royalty. I know i am not an heir to some whatsit kingdom. But my Father, is the King of all Kings... and i would continually live for Him for i know that it'll all be worth-it in the end. (Amen!)

Many are called... only a few were chosen.
I'm glad that God has chosen me to be part of His family. Set apart.
To do greater things for His Name's sake...


*** shift gears... RIGHT TO ROYALTY: The MTv and VH1 Concert at the Fort Open Field***


i am an audiophile. i'm into anything related to music...
i appreciate various genres depending on my mood.

that's why i soo badly want to go to the MTV Concert ... even if my sister warned me about the people who often go to such events. i don't give a damn! hearing that the likes of PINIKPIKAN and CYNTHIA ALEXANDER would be playing, i thought that the crowd wouldn't be those "haaRRdcoRRe RRakistas" (emphasis on RRR meant that it should be pronounced with hard R's). It's not that i'm being judgmental or anything. Cam'an, I'm from UPdiliman.. don't you think I've seen enough of those hardcore rockstar wannabes??? (especially during the infamous UP Fair)

thankfully, my officemate had spare tickets (and i got 'em for free of course!)
... and i was able to find friends to tag along!
too bad, we came late. i thought that the concert would end at the wee hours (ala UP Fair), but to my dismay, the whole "music festival" was through by midnight!!!!
huwaaaaaa???? mag-mistulan daw bang Cinderella na may curfew?!?!?


i got a little irked by the circumstance partly because i missed the good stints, the people there were so annoying, and i only got to stay for a couple of hours max... oh well, my bad!

even if i didn't feel the "royalty" at the said event, there's still the bright side on such things...
the perks? i got to spend QTT with some of my real good friends:D.. chismax unlimited!
we can't seem to have enough of each other's presence so we decided to go to another joint..
19 EAST...
(allow my critic side to come in) the ambiance was good. it was cold and cozy at the same time. there was a laid-back feel to it. conducive for "bonding sessions". oh! and the food was good:D...i would want to visit the place the next time... coz i heard that there are certain bands that do their gigs on their respective days... (note: try to make your schedule.. free as much as possible. haha...as if!)
oh well, we stayed there for some hours. ate, laughed, ate, talked, talked, talked... then we finally decided to call it a night.


before i finally hit the sack, i received a rather peculiar SMS on my phone...


to be continued...

.:0 SpanK Me:.

Post a Comment

<< Home