7.02.2005

LIFE IT AIN'T EASY

I know, that statement is an OVERRATED CLICHE, but that same group of words had been my most recent realization.

It took me this much time to realize that living in this f*cked up world is no rainbows-and-butterflies. Yeah, i used to have 'trials and troubles', but those that i've been through were no match to what i'm experiencing now.

so. what am i driving at?!?

i'm talking about being in the "real world"... the workplace is a very different and fierce environment, if and when compared with the school life that i got used to for 14-friggin-looong-years. Now, i understand and feel my parents when they mutter, "Pagod ako!" nakakapagod nga palang mag-trabaho. i was getting so tired with my new "job" that i almost felt like quitting. don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't like what i'm doing. What i meant was that, IT IS TRULY PHYSICALLY TAXING. seems like my energy's being sucked out each and every damn day. perhaps, i was just hung-over with my bummed life. hindi kasi ako sanay mapagod ng sobra.

i spent days bawling that my eyes already hurt. i used to question God... what was His plan??? what am i doing at GreenPeace??? Am i really for this??? My parents saw me in such an unhappy state... i know it pains them to see me like this, but they tried to hide their emotions so that i could learn to be strong by my own. they have stretched their loving arms around me, which never failed to bring me to welling tears. it ain't no pretty sight, but despite that, i had a gut feel that GOD IS DEALING WITH ME.

my time alone with God were precious... every moment of it was. There was this specific quote that i got from one of my devotions that said it all.

"He cannot fail, your faithful God,
He'll guard you with His mighty power,
Then fear no ill, though troubles rise,
His help is sure from hour to hour." -
Bosch

GOD HAS NOT PROMISED TO KEEP US FROM LIFE'S STORMS, BUT TO KEEP US THROUGH THEM. it's just comforting to know that amidst tons of trials and tribulations, God is just there helping us get through every single one of it. This made me feel so light and happy inside. Lord, thank you!:)

let's just say that it was just a phase. i am now happy with what i'm doing... especially when there's the stated obvious that all my toiling is for the betterment of our environment... oh, such a noble deed!

after three weeks with GREENPEACE, i got a call from PLAN INTERNATIONAL, a child-centered international non-government organization. They asked me if i'd be interested to be an intern (with pay o'course). so, i thought to myself, "this could be a good start!" to make the long story short, i got the job and resigned from the former, of course, i felt sad for leaving GP - i have learned to love the job, and have become close with the people there and have gained friends. But life's like that, i had to make a decision... i wanted to work for and with kids... and this would only come to reality, if i'll work for Plan International...

so, that's how my life works... i prayed and waited upon God, and He was faithful to complete His plan for my life. i tried my best to succumb to His will - even if it may seem impossible to do. Yesterday, it was GreenPeace, it's Plan International for the present... i wouldn't know what the future holds...i'll just cling onto my Maker and believe that everything He has set is for my good... and good alone.

i know, i have uttered that "life isn't easy"... but the burden would be made light, if you know that you have God by your side, and that He'll never leave you behind...

"Life it ain't easy, it's so tough... it ain't easy. Put a smile on your face... make the world a better place."

optimism is the key, baby!:)


.:0 SpanK Me:.

Post a Comment

<< Home