6.23.2005

status: single

status: single (since birth???)

"may boyfriend ka na ba?"

i just get a little irked whenever people ask me this question... especially when it comes from boys.
bakit ba??? oo na! single na kung single. it's my choice, and i'm loving it! - i know, i sounded defensive.

how should i put this..
i'm NOT a man-hater. i looove boys!!! haha.. it's just that i don't see myself in a serious relationship right now.
i remember some guy telling me this, "wala kang boyfriend kasi takot ka sa commitment."
to think that he hasn't seen me in a long time. can people really tell if someone is afraid of commitments???
hmm.. just a thought. am i sending a "vibe" that i can't handle any of those serious things related to boy-girl relationships??
as pathetic as it may seem, i would like to believe that is half-true:(
i couldn't actually picture myself being soo lovey-dovey with someone.
kadiri! haha.

PDA is so not my thing! - oopsie, wag magsalita ng tapos...
maybe i'm just a bit cynical because i haven't really gotten into a serious relationship.
don't get me wrong, i had my shot(s) at love.. but it didn't really last and i was young then.

shot # 1: may gatas pa sa labi

i was young then.
12 and in 6th grade.. i didn't know what i was doing. he was my bestfriend and became my "boyfriend".. out of pity. it was a wrong move. the relationship didn't last. but our friends told me that he had loved me so dearly. i didn't feel the same way. i transferred school. we lost touch. he had a lot of girlfriends after me. but he still tried to stay in touch, and was very vocal about rekindling our "friendship". i shut the door. declined every offer he had made. i'm sorry. but that book has been closed a long time ago.

after some years, someone new came into my life...

shot # 2: what might had been..

i was the new kid at school.
didn't have much friends at first.
i saw him. he was out of my league. he liked a friend of mine, since he was in 5th grade.
they were an "item". i tried to get close to him by teasing them. it was fun, him not knowing that i like him.
come our sophomore year. his feelings for my friend starts dwindling. and he saw me in a different light.
i didn't know how to react. he started calling me at home. tried to get to know me more.
it became our weird saturday routine. feelings have unfolded. yet he acts rather peculiar when we're in school, it's as if he doesn't know me.
he likes me, i like him.. the feelings we have are mutual. everyone at school started to notice. onlookers thought we were an "us". but we weren't. this lasted until senior year. our friends thought that we would eventually be a "couple".... but things turned out differently.

oh well... people change, feelings fade away. the memories i've had with him are kept in a special place. there were no hard feelings. we're now close as we'll ever be. he's my confidante, i am his. come to think of it, that was all i wanted.. to be his bestfriend.. and nothing more.

he now lies happily in someone else's arms, while i still await for my white knight to come...


... so, mabalik tayo sa tanong na.... "bakit wala ka pa ring boyfriend?"
let's just say, i'd rather wait for God's best than go through another heart-wrenching love story. i'm in no hurry. i believe that my time will come. patience is a virtue, ika nga.
meron namang mga "nag-aapply".. i'm sorry if i'm putting them off. ayoko kasing magpaasa.

my friends say that i have high standards! tama lang, diba? i deserve the best! God's best!:D
for those who are curious, i have kept a mental list of my type of guy (note: things may change over time)

MY TOP 10 LIST!!!
1. he must love God with all his heart (yep, Christian! it's a given:D)
2. smart - more on streetsmart than booksmart. (you don't have to be a genius, honey!)
3. chinito!!!! haha.. im a sucker for chinky-eyed guys -.-
4. may direction ang buhay.. goal-oriented! (secured ang future:D)
5. family man.. loves his family (coz i looove mine, too!)
6. a good conversationalist plus, may sense of humor (coz i'm a bit shy.. hehe. so that he'll bring out the best in me.. and happiness always!)
7. romantic (ano ba to?? duh! i don't mean the mushy type.. yung tama lang.)
8. gets along with people (ang hirap ng mahiyain, walang mangyayari.
goes hand-in-hand w/ # 7, right??)
9. practical (maabilidad! sa hirap ng buhay ngayon, ang hirap ng gastador!)
10. creative (ma-gimmick! i mean, i would definitely love to be swept off my feet.. once in a while.. haaay)

******
mababaw factors:
dapat may car. knows how to play musical instruments. poet or artist. doesn't have to be super gwapo.. as long as i find him attractive!:D tall.. haha! thin na may muscle - lean! ah, that's a better word! neatfreak :D - mamatay ako if he's my complete opposite.. OC-ness!


hehe.. bakit ako single????
i guess i still hadn't found the one man God has for me.. and he still hasn't found me!
and when that day comes, i believe that it'll be the suh-weetest day of all!:D


so, when i'm asked this....

STATUS: ...
SINGLE AND LOOOVING IT!!!!


OH SOOO FABULOUSSSS:D


LIFE... I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOOOOVE IT!!! :*

.:0 SpanK Me:.

Post a Comment

<< Home