7.31.2005

No Curfew

(Sounds like a familiar tagline from a certain brand of clothing. teehee!)

Yesterday, i was hanging out at lai's place when one of my kid cousins tried making conversation and started it this way...

Nicole: Ate miday, do you have curfew?
Me: No. why?
Nicole: Wala lang. Hindi ba nakakatulog yung parents niyo when you're not yet home?
Me: Nakakatulog. Wala kaming curfew ever since... basta umuuwi, okay na yun.
(then Kax joined in...)
Kax: Talaga?
Me: Yup! basta alam nman nila who we're with.
Nicole: Ang galing naman.
(end of conversation...)


Come to think of it, we've never really had curfews ever since. I remember going home at the wee hours, and my parents didn't even say anything about it. Are my folks indifferent and negligent? i beg to differ.. they are the most trusting parents a child could ever wish for. (haha. hanep sa build-up!) let's just say that t
rust was never an issue. I even asked my dad this morning,why we never had curfews at home, and he just uttered this, "We trust you kasi." My parents are confident for they have taught us values that have truly helped us. I'm not saying that they're perfect and all that, but i'm just so grateful that they have used the best book one can find in parenting... THE BIBLE!:D

Yep! living in a Christian family, established in the Word can really do wonders. We're not the best breed of people, but we do our best to live lives that are pleasing before our Maker. (oopsie, didn't mean to be preachy there!)

and come on, i could not really picture myself doing "wild" things... teehee. i just realized, that if i'd be compared to people my age... sobrang ignorante ko talaga. well, not that i'm regretting it. i had my fair share of "experimenting", but it's done in controlled environments and with people that i truly trust.
so what, if i've never tried getting sickeningly drunk, puffing cigs, dancing "durrty", and what not... (i'm not being self-righteous here). let's just say, i'm not that comfortable doing those things. i'm more of a laid-back kind of girl. yup, boring to some... but i feel fabulous being this way! PROMISE!:D

no curfew?!? hellooo, sa tanda kong 'to.. puh-lease. i'm 21 for crying out loud... no need of baby-ing. and besides, having "curfews" or "strict rules at home"... doesn't work all the time. i've seen people go through such, and still prevailed with what they want. the reason why i've grown up to be like this is all because of my fear of God... more than my fear with my parents.

it's not about curfew.. conviction strikes harder... get that?

.:0 SpanK Me:.

Post a Comment

<< Home